The Friends of the Jay County Public Library is an independent not-for-profit organization created to act as a support and advocacy system for the library. Through volunteer service projects and fund raising, the group works for the betterment of Jay County Public Library.
With the Friends you can:
- Help with annual library visitor door counts
- Provide food for children’s and family programs
- Serve as a “kid wrangler” for large Summer Reading Program events
- Volunteer for all phases of the Annual Used Book Sale
- Prepare NEWSNOTES for mailing
- Promote library programs & services to those you know
- Sponsor special guest programs for the public
- Meet with other Friends to discuss ways to support library services for our community
- Connect with the Friends on Facebook
The Friends’ primary fund raising activity is a used book sale held in late August in the library’s Community Room. With the proceeds the group underwrites supplementary programming and equipment purchases for the library.
New members are always welcome to monthly meetings and other activities. Annual membership fees are $10.00 for individuals and $20.00 for a family.
Meetings are held monthly on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 pm at the library. In addition to business meetings and organizing activities, the Friends prepare the library’s newsletter for mailing. Members are encouraged to attend meetings often, and new members are always welcome.
A small collection of used items (books, magazines, videos, etc.) is available for sale at the library just around the corner from the circulation desk. All proceeds go to the Friends of the Library and their projects in support of the library.
BIG Annual Book Sale
Our largest book sale is traditionally held in the library’s Community Room in late August, typically on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
Used books donated by community members and extra books from the library’s own collection are available at exceptional prices.
There are also magazines, puzzles, videos, audio tapes, framed art prints, and other items available.
Donations of book, music, movies, puzzles and games for the sale are accepted at the library, however encyclopedia sets, Reader’s Digest Condensed books or any materials that are dirty, moldy or damaged will NOT be accepted.